Very Easy Way to Cut Glass

Did you ever have an idea to make something splendid, but didn't because glass cutting would be involved? I have. Glass cutting always scared me: the worry about tiny slivers ending up in my cat's paw or my daughter's feet, shattering, spraying glass, oh it was just too overwhelming for me to consider. Until now.
Here's a very easy way to cut a glass bottle, or any glass, from our friend and DIY expert, Marta. She's included a great video of cutting glass bottles the EASY way, as well.
It doesn't look broken, but trust me, it is.
I'm going to try it out on a round glass tabletop that I found in the trash.  I was planning to clean it and use as-is, but went out the next day and it was broken (?!???). So now I can collect the small sections and try Marta's method to cut the sections into mosaic pieces, then make a mosaic table top. Or maybe a picture. Maybe a cutting board or tray. I love mosaic, so the possibilities are endless. And yesterday, it was just something that could have been... Thanks, Marta!
You can see it's quite a large piece. Sad that it got broken.

1 comment:

Marta said...

De nada, AJ! I'm glad you're into recycling that which is broken. Can't wait to see what you do with this piece of glass and how it went with the cutting!